[dev] Where is the doc at last?

Xavier Perseguers pub at perseguers.ch
Thu Aug 11 06:10:41 PDT 2005

>>OK. I was just hoping there would be a complete description of each type
>>as 'advanced' types such as assign and matrix are not straightforward or
>>easy to think they exist and might be used in case.
>>
>>Thanks anyway.
>>Xavier Perseguers
>

> Is what's available at http://dev.horde.org what you are looking for?
> Its just
> phpdoc generated documentation for the APIs, but at least its all organized in
> one place.

I am aware of this documentation but I would say either phpdoc is not
enough to begin with, either comments should be more complete. Example:
I would like to add a form variable. I already know a bit how it works
as I saw other code. Now I search for a textarea. I go to
http://dev.horde.org > API References > Framework > (online) > Index of
elements > Horde_Form (ouf !) and now there a huge list of items. I find
Horde_Form_Type_longtext as I am Sherlock Holmes ;-) and if I already
know how forms work, I understand the init() method and its parameters.
OK, now I think I got it but when start working with forms, I really
think there is not enough documentation and we loose lots of time
understanding the order of parameters, their names, the name given to
the type of field, and their existence.

Xavier Perseguers