[dev] [cvs] commit: whups/lib api.php

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Mon Aug 15 08:58:29 PDT 2005

Quoting Thomas Gelf <horde at gelf.net>:

> Am Mittwoch, den 10.08.2005, 10:57 -0700 schrieb Jason Felice:
>>   * If the user has a custom ticket attribute "Estimated Time", use
>>     it to return hour estimates for ticket-based cost objects.
>
> Hmmm... I don't really like the way how this was done:
>
> * attribute key is being compared with _("estimated time") which has not
>  been translated (yet), but once it will be and then we'll run into
>  trouble - at least people used to change language settings very often
>  (like me :)
>  What about using at least a constant value? And as Jan has written
>  before this should be documented somewhere - and some note how to
>  correctly add a "custom ticket attribute" would also be nice.

Here's my thoughts:

* The attribute key is being displayed currently, so my thinking was
that it  needs to be translated.
* Perhaps the "right" way to do this is to have another value that is an
  untranslated value which is not normally displayed.  Then we could make this
  "estimate_hours".  Question: what to call it?  Should we rename "Attribute
  Name" to "Attribute Display Name"?
* As a sidenote, when I looked at it, I thought it might be cleaner to
have the
  driver return addtional attributes in getTicketDetails().  If we used this
  as the key name, this should work (we just have to prevent the user from
  naming attributes after reserved fields).

Thoughts?

--
Jason M. Felice
Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>