[dev] Horde + AJAX ?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:02:38 PDT 2005

On 9/23/05, Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com> wrote:
> Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>  From looking at your ajax.js source code, I was wondering why it did
> >> not reuse what was done in httpclient.js ?
> >
> > (a) I didn't know about it at the time, and (b) I had already written
> > RemotConnection for an article.
>
> I see. Your IncrementalValidator, what does it do exactly?

It allows for incremental validation of Horde_Form's using AJAX. So,
if I am a user and I have filled out the first three fields of a 10
field form, the first three fields can be validated by the server via
AJAX while the user is filling out the rest of the form. It is a user
aid, just like pure client validation (the difference being that the
server can validate database-dependent business rules).

--
Matt Warden
Miami University