[dev] Horde scalability (Using Multiple Databases)

Alex Ng ngstylez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 09:07:11 PDT 2005

We are working to implement Horde for a large amount of users and are
concerened with scalability issues with large amounts of users accessing 1
database.

Currently, Horde's only allows you to specify 1 database backend to use. We
want to be able to specify a different database for writing and reading.
Thus, Horde will write all necessary information into the WRITE database,
and when it needs to get information from the database, it will access the
READ database.

Is there some configuration in the Horde driver that we can change to allow
Horde the ability to use a seperate write and read database?

Suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

-Alex