[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/config prefs.php.dist framework/Horde Horde.php framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Mon Oct 3 07:59:42 PDT 2005

> A different approach is to have the "user level" preference
> we've talked about a number of times but never done, where users can
> pick the advanced UI, a basic UI, etc. And a lot of things would just
> disappear from the basic UI, which would incidentally cut down page
> size. Etc.

The main compaint I get about Horde is its complexity (too many
buttons). You have to give a course first (at least to non technical
people) before people really warm up to it (and really I have seen
people turn around from "that .... Horde system" to "Wow this is great"
in 60 minutes)

Giving users a choice between a basic interface or an advanced
interface would solve this issue completely. And Chuck said, simpler
interfaces load faster, would mean I myself might incidentally use the
basic interface.

To cut all this blabla short. I agree with Chuck

Cheers,
Roel.