[dev] PHP/imap and namespace detection

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 11 08:55:37 PDT 2005

Sorry if this seems off-topic (and lengthy); it's not strictly a horde issue,
but I'm having some difficulty with horde/IMP from this, and am hoping that
somebody (Michael?) can help.

The gist is:
Since the automatic namespace detection, every file and folder (along with
INBOX) is displayed in the sidebar (at this point, I'm kind of assuming this
is what has caused my HEAD horde install to grind to a crawl; I've installed
the latest stable version on the same server as well, and it's up to speed).
Suspecting an old uw-imap version, I upgraded from source code and recompiled
PHP. My test page (with php_info()) is not reporting the right imap version.

Here's the detailed stuff:
My server is still running Red Hat 7.3. The latest version of uw-imap available
as an rpm is 2001a, which has worked fine. Because all of the files and folders
in my home directory are displayed in the sidebar, and Michael has said that
the automatic namespace detection is working with uw-imap, I suspected I
needed to upgrade.

So, I removed the 2001a rpms from the system and downloaded 2004g to /usr/src.
I built and installed the new version and verified that it works with a mail
client (thunderbird).

Next, I set out to rebuild PHP (4.3.9, and will upgrade once I have this
working). I followed the instructions I found in the horde FAQ
(http://www.de.horde.org/faq/admin/prereq/index.php#p8) to point configure to
the correct c-client libraries and rebuilt php with
--with-imap=/usr/src/imap-2004g. It compiled successfully, but when I view my
php test page with the php_info() function, it reports the imap version as
2000. Also, the HEAD version of horde still lists all of the files and folders
in my home directory in the sidebar (INBOX is there, along with all folders in
my home directory; expanding the "mail" folder reveals the folders I'm used to
seeing).

Any help getting this working would be *greatly* appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Rick

--
Rick Emery