[dev] PGP Encryption

nerdzoll@nerdzunleashed.com nerdzoll at nerdzunleashed.com
Tue Oct 25 19:05:53 PDT 2005

Hey all,
I have started using PGP encryption in the IMP program, and it has been working
extremly well for myself and my clients so far.

However I was wondering if the PGP encryption that currently exists in Horde
could be expanded so that it would be possible to encrypt and decrypt things
other than emails.

Basically I would like to be able to encrypt and decrypt things like files for
example (say from gollem). Or be able to paste a heap of text into a box and
have Horde encrypt this for me...
Would this be something that would be relatively simple to integrate (I am
hoping so as it is already in IMP). And the reason I am wondering is, there
does not appear to be a single web based PGP solution such as this (i.e. for
uploading files or text and then to have the encrypted solution outputted).

What are your thoughts (lol or am I at least making sence).
Cheers all
Stuart