[dev] Tooltip problems on IE

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Oct 26 05:08:50 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:
>>
>>> But I can't figure out how/where to put this code into horde.js to make
>>> it work.  Help from someone?  (i probably should create a bug report
>>> with this info but I figured the dev@ list would provide more feedback).
>>
>> We create the div used for the tooltip on line 77; dimensions are
>> assigned around line 119-123. You can probably create the iframe there.
>> Not sure if we want to try fading the iframe in along with the tooltip.
>> For removing it, you'd just add another removeChild call under the
>> current one on line 53. Though you do probably want to make sure this
>> is only done for IE, icky though browser detects are.
>
> After looking at the fading effect for a few days, I'm not convinced
> anymore that we should keep it. It's cool, yeah, but requires a fair
> amount of cpu power and is not fluently if the computer is doing
> something else at the same time.

Hi Jan,

I'm glad that I am not the only one.  I've been trying to get used to
it but in addition to what you noted, I have found it very distracting
and has reduced my email scanning proficiency by a factor of 2 or more.
  Especially since I use 1000 chars to allow the reading of the
majority of my mails without having to open them. If this isn't going
to be changed back to the way it was could there be a preference option
for disabling the fade?

Thanks,

ed