[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Browser Browser.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Oct 26 10:41:43 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2005-10-26 08:59:13 PDT
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    Browser              Browser.php
>>  Log:
>>  Reorder browser detection in order of browser usage to save us (a bit of)
>>  processing time on the majority of pageloads.
>
> Both Opera and Konqueror can identify themselves as MSIE, *as well as*
> Opera and Konqueror. That's why the were being detected *before* IE.

Doh.  We can move them back to the top of the list then and i will
document this.  and my quick rant: browser-agent-strings are about the
most arcane and confusing things I have ever seen.  apparently
identifying yourself as 'Opera 8.0' and 'Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2' is
simply too complicated.

michael