[dev] Potential packaging of IMP

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Wed Oct 26 13:07:53 PDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 12:07:47PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Basically, I'd like to move as much of IMP's code as possible into a
> Horde_App_Mail package. IMP would become the UI on top of that code;
> MIMP would simply be an alternate UI (avoiding a ton of duplicate code
> we have right now), and the new work that Jan and myself and others are
> working on would be a third.

I really like this idea. My current employer is thinking about making some
large changes to the UI, and having the UI code separated would be great for
projects like that. That way, we could use the existing core code and
support infrastructure (IMAP servers, etc.), and they could design an
entirely separate UI for it if they wanted.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm at horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,