[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/config conf.xml imp/docs CHANGES imp/lib Mailbox.php Session.php imp/lib/IMAP MailboxCache.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Nov 8 07:17:48 PST 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>>  Initial commit of mailbox caching code. As conf.xml informs you, do not
>>  activate this code as it is not fully functional (i.e. your mailbox pages
>>  will not be displayed reliably).
>
> How about always using MailboxCache, and deciding whether to actually
> use caching or direct imap calls inside the class? This would probably
> make calling the mailbox code from the several places much easier.

My reasoning:
* One less include file (obviously, less important if doing some kind
of code caching)
* The updating code I am working on (i.e. flags, attachments, preview
text) will have to do a bit more work to prepare the data for storage
before we even get to calling MailboxCache.

But now thinking about it again, the idea of keeping all the code self
contained within MailboxCache may be worth the hassle.  I'll play
around with this and see if I can find a good solution.

michael