[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Serialize Serialize.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Fri Nov 11 10:04:18 PST 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2005-11-10 20:45:25 PST
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    Serialize            Serialize.php
>>  Log:
>>  get rid of unneeded defines (since define() is such a slow function).  we
>>  should probably readd this back in as something that can be passed as a
>>  parameter, but i can't think of a good way to implement this kind of
>>  parameter passing (especially for multiple serialization methods) without
>>  breaking BC.
>
> I'm probably missing something, but how is this supposed to work
> without breaking BC?

Those defines were never used outside of the file.  And it is
impossible to undefine something that has already been defined(), so
this could never be overwritten in an app.  So this doesn't break BC.

The BC stuff I was talking about is if we somehow wanted to make these
options previously set by define user settable via the $params array -
this is adding functionality that wasn't there before.  i.e. it is
impossible to currently (or previously) change the Gzip compression
factor.

michael