[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Horde/Horde Config.php

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Nov 11 20:44:31 PST 2005

> Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:
>
>>  Log:
>>  Add option to split writes to a separate server.
>>  This is available only for the MySQL option, but if anyone knows of
>> its relevance to other flavours of DB I'll add them too.
>
> Doesn't seem like it should be database specific? I guess you mean that
> it's only relevant for dbs that have replication, which we know MySQL
> has. I know that Oracle has some sort of replication as well; anyone
> know for Postgres, etc.?

I don't think there is native Postgres replication.  Third party addons
and hacks to accomplish it, but not native support.  Of the list in the
setup screen for databases, I've got both MS SQL and Informix and know
they natively support replication (although its difficult to configure
with only one server of each ;)

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer