[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/DataTree/DataTree sql.php

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Nov 11 21:52:52 PST 2005

Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

> mdjukic     2005-11-10 16:16:20 PST
>
>  Modified files:
>    DataTree/DataTree    sql.php
>  Log:
>  add support for split read/write databases

Is the intention of this to provide higher throughput, or failover,
or??  For any of those, I can see that being possible with the split
reads, but you are going to run into problems with the split writes,
because there aren't very many true multimaster databases out there.  A
split read with a single master write would work and might be a more
common configuration.  Or maybe its too late and I've missed a subtlety
of this :)

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer