[dev] Moving time_format from imp to horde preference scope

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 23 19:27:28 PST 2005

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> 'time_format' is currently a preference set in the imp scope.  However,
> there are many different places that a user may see a time displayed,
> either on a page generated by a Horde application, or in a notification
> (say via email).  Would it make sense to move time_format under the
> horde preference scope, so that both date and time formats could be set
> Horde-wide?  Also, the case might exist where a site doesn't have IMP
> installed and if other applications were to rely on the IMP
> 'time_format', that obviously would break down, wherease if it was
> under the horde scope, it could be used everywhere.

I think it definitely makes sense to have it in the Horde scope.
However it'd have to be added to Horde and then a migration script
provided - probably both in Horde and in IMP? - for BC.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships