[dev] [cvs] commit: horde/services javascript.php horde/scripts/jsmin Makefile jsmin.c framework/Horde Horde.php horde/docs CHANGES horde/config conf.xml

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Nov 27 15:07:31 PST 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> All right, sounds like this is a resounding no.  Although, as final
> food for thought, remember that there is a *large* percentage of
> popular browsers that don't support compression (i.e. IE 5.5, IE 6.0).

Right, but what I think we should do about it is to make as many of our
JS files static as possible, and then keep both (statically) compressed
and uncompressed versions of them, rather than compressing them on the
fly.

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships