[dev] Splitting datatree by application

Duck duck at obala.net
Tue Dec 6 01:04:04 PST 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 20:35, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > Has any one think about to create a RDO backend for DatatTree?
> > Using specific "flat" attributes tables will relay speed things up.
>
> Indeed - interesting idea. Unfortunately I think that we'd have to
> write domain-specific classes for most things, thus requiring RDO
> everywhere, not just in the datatree driver, so it's not a very BC idea.
>
> I'm thinking about combining RDO with a simple hierarchy storage class
> for a next-gen approach to all this.

As RDO works only with php5 already in concept is not a ideal BC approach. But
needed, because Horde main bottleneck is SQL data access. Optimize DT as the
main data storage engine will welcome Horde in many larger installations. And
having an simple and robust general data storage driver will be appreciated
from many developers – and this was the basic RDO idea, I guess.

Duck