[dev] Browser support

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Tue Dec 6 06:35:36 PST 2005

What browsers do we officially support?

Are Explorer 5 and Explorer 6 on W2K on the list? Because at the moment
I'm having problems with Explorer 6 on W2K. The sidebar doesn't appear
and there are some other errors also.

All these errors are JavaScript related. Cause for the sidebar problem
is the usage of the "array.push" command. Accoring to my JavaScript
manual support for this command was added in ie6. But appearently this
is dependent on OS.

I have replaced all instances of array.push('foo') with
array[array.length] = 'foo' and now I have the sidebar running again.
(Haven't got a proper patch tough since I had to hack this on the
production server).

Do we drop support for the older browsers or do I need to scan alle
Javascripts on the push command and replace it as shown above?

Cheers,
Roel.