[dev] Moving time_format from imp to horde preference scope

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Dec 7 08:43:44 PST 2005

> I think it definitely makes sense to have it in the Horde scope.
> However it'd have to be added to Horde and then a migration script
> provided - probably both in Horde and in IMP? - for BC.
>
> -chuck

I see a number of different scripts in horde/scripts working with
preferences.  Some seem to make no assumption about the preference
backend (migrate_users_categories.php) while others assume SQL
(remove_prefs.php).  I guess my question is how would you translate a
SQL statement like below, into higher level, preference-backend neutral
Horde code:

UPDATE `horde_prefs` SET  `pref_scope` = 'horde' where pref_name =
'time_format';

Or should I just shoot for SQL conversion and let other preference
backend users fend for themselves?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer