[dev] Splitting datatree by application

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Dec 8 02:44:33 PST 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 16:32, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > As RDO works only with php5 already in concept is not a ideal BC
> > approach. But
> > needed, because Horde main bottleneck is SQL data access. Optimize DT as
> > the main data storage engine will welcome Horde in many larger
> > installations. And having an simple and robust general data storage
> > driver will be appreciated from many developers – and this was the basic
> > RDO idea, I guess.
>
> Yup. If you'd like to work on this, that'd be great - feel free to
> send any RDO questions/suggestions/patches here.

I will really start to work in this direction.

For first step and BC maybe we should start with extending the DataTree_sql to
support flatten attribute tables. Where columns name would be conjunction of
attribute name/key. The API should tell the DT which access type to use of a
specific data group, because some data are to long, impossible to predict.
For example in Ansel we can flatten galleries data, but we cant EXIF data.

Duck