[dev] With this prefs.php changes aren't saved. Any ideas?

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Tue Dec 20 04:37:58 PST 2005

Sorry, sorry - complete dumb newbie question but can't find anything in
Wiki or archives about this:

For a new app, I've placed the following in config/prefs.php:

---snip---
$prefGroups['doesthismatter?'] = array(
    'column' => _("General Options"),
    'label' => _("Job Entry Options"),
    'desc' => _("Options affecting entry of jobs."),
    'members' => array('default_point_count')
);

$_prefs['default_point_count'] = array(
    'value' => '2',
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'enum',
    'enum' => array('0' => _("None"),
                    '1' => "1",
                    '2' => "2",
                    '3' => "3",
                    '4' => "4",
                    '5' => "5"),
    'desc' => _("Number of points on a new job:")
);
---snip---

All the existing apps are having their prefs correctly stored. The prefs
form on this new app is displayed correctly when pressing the 'Options'
icon on the menu. However, when 'Save Options' is clicked the page
simply refreshes. No DB update and no message stating they have been saved.

Again, I know this is probably trivial, but sure there's something very
small I've missed, help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robin