[dev] UI widget for verifying e-mails

Dilyan Palauzov Dilyan.Palauzov at aegee.org
Wed Dec 21 17:47:49 PST 2005

	Hello,
	As enough users do not manage to enter valid e-mail in the from_addr
preference, I tought about creating a new widget of the type 'special',
which verifies if the entered address is for sure invalid. However, the
same widget could be applied also for the replyto_addr, so maybe
creating a new kind of UI-widgets, called 'e-mail' would be a better
solution.
	Right now I consider that the idea can be generalized, so that a new
widget is introduced, called e.g. regext, which matches the entered data
for validy towards a regular expression.
	This raises two questions:
	1. Who is interested enough to implement such a widget?
	2. Shall the verifying be done at server side (using php) or client
side (using javascript)? Of course php is the better option, but I
couldn't find currently any easy possibilities to verify the data on the
server side (please contradict me), so I suggest that initially the
checking is done via JavaScript (and later both methods are used - once
for users without javascript support, once for getting fast responce
when entering data).
	Ah, that's all folks!
		Dilyan Palauzov