[dev] Sidebar message counts not displayed

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu Dec 22 17:37:44 PST 2005

After a recent CVS HEAD update (12/21), I no longer get unread message
counts next to my individual mail folders. I do, however, get the
total number of all unread messages next to the "Mail" icon/label in
the sidebar, and it is properly updating; I just no longer get counts
on the individual folders.

I didn't see a bug report, and haven't seen anyone else mention this
on any of the lists; is it just my install? I've updated twice, but
still have the problem.

I added a call to "alert(result)" in MenuUpdateHandler in
horde/templates/portal/sidebar.inc and it displays what appears to be
javascript code to update the sidebar. But I'm only able to see a
small amount of the code in the dialog box that pops up, so I can't
really evaluate it.

If it is just me, can anyone give me guidance on troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
--
Rick Emery