[dev] Moving Horde (and applications) to another server

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Fri Dec 30 01:02:19 PST 2005

Erm... surely there is some kindof backend data too? MySQL perhaps?

Do something like this on the source:

mysqldump -u horde -phorde horde > horde.mysqldump

Then copy that file to destination and (after creating the horde DB and
user):

mysql -u horde -phorde horde < horde.mysqldump

Perhaps you have LDAP too? Or some other DBMS? You get the idea anyhow.

Assuming this is just a server relocation and you're not re not changing
the hostname or anything or you'll have to tweak other settings too.

Robin