[dev] Moving Horde (and applications) to another server

Alex Ng ngstylez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:32:16 PST 2005

Yes, I will be moving my MySQL databases using mysqldump.

As a test, I copied the entire /horde directory and put it in the same path
(IN THE SAME OLD SERVER), simply renaming it to /horde-old

Then I tried to direct apache to read from /horde-old, but it did not work.
I just get a blank page for some reason.  I then read about changing the
configuration so that the webroot in /horde/config/registry.php points to
the same document root.  So I changed the webroot to be 'horde-old'.  This
did not work either.

If I am not even able to move this old-installation of horde into a
different directory, I could imagine how hectic trying to move the whole
installation to another server would be.

Thank you.

-Alex