[dev] datatree performance (again)

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:11:31 PST 2006

> Zitat von Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
>> Anyway, could it be this is a MySQL problem, which doesn't affect (at
>> least some) other databases?  Maybe take a poll as to what databases
>> people seeing this issue are using, and which databases people not seeing
>> the issue are using?
>
> Good idea. It might also be important which table types people are
> using. So, speak up, folks!
>
> Jan.

I'm using pgsql with almost all the modules (horde, imp, nag, mnemo, gollem,
kronolith, ingo, turba, jeta, passwd, forwards, vacation, klutz, chora,
maybe some others...)

I'm currently running the CVS FRAMEWORK_3 code (or HEAD where there is no
FRAMEWORK_3 code), which should be pretty much the same as the RC's out
now, IIRC.

While my load did go up (from about 0.0 to about 0.25 average with peaks
at about 0.60) it is still under control, and the only delays I see are
from my IMAP server getting slow, not from the webmail/database (I run
the webmail and the DB on the same machine, but the IMAP is on a separate
machine; sending is through local sendmail).

I've only been running this code under load for a couple of days, but so
far there have been no performance problems outside of the IMAP server...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!