[dev] datatree performance (again)

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Jan 19 01:27:47 PST 2006

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:

>>> I think the number of entries. (But maybe the truth is a mixture of both)
>>
>> A random guess doesn't help us here. These two potential reasons for
>> the perfomance loss require completely different solution strategies.
>
> I told you that I'll keep an eye on it, and so I did:
>
> With less users on the system (night time) the queries take less than
> a second. But with many (> 500) concurrent users they can take 8 sec.
> and more.

The "status" command also tells me that there are quite a lot of
queries per second:

Uptime:                 21 days 20 hours 24 min 42 sec
Questions:              183882653
Queries per second avg: 97.402

so it is about 100 queries / sec. on average in the last 21 days,
which include nighttime and holidays.

Didi

--
Didi Rieder