[dev] Forwards driver question

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Feb 16 16:57:20 PST 2006

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kmmyer at gmail.com>:

> Now, my question would be:
> is there an underlying design principle that would guide how to best
> go about this?  Should Ingo be treated as consisting of a generic
> backend, which can be extended for specific functionality (vacation,
> forward, spam, white/blacklist), if the backend doesn't already
> support that?  Or should each additional functionality be treated
> separately and independently?

I'd use the model of the composite Auth driver, or the Registry API
definitions where you can overide specific methods. So you have, say,
a sieve driver that does everything. Then maybe a procmail driver that
takes care of generic filters, whitelist, blacklist, but delegates
vacation to a seperate driver (any of the available ones). Etc ...

-chuck

--
"So we're talking near-sonic speeds for a vegetable."
Reasons to go to the Punkin Chunkin World Championships