[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Horde/Horde Help.php

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:40:34 PST 2006

>> I'm not sure this is a good idea, even if we usually prefix the
>> entries, because currenty we sort the entries (in the help files)
>> logically, which makes much more sense to me.
>
> At least for me, it doesn't make sense to sort it logically - which is
> exactly why I changed it (I was looking for an entry and when it
> didn't appear where I thought it should alphabetically, I stopped
> looking).  Especially since ever other help system I have personally
> used (i.e. windows, gnome, etc.) sorts entries alphabetically.  But
> I'm not attached to this change so feel free to revert if needed.

Perhaps a link for the user to select the sort order?  I think a
config item is overkill, though a link and even a preference for
this might be reasonable...

Other option would be to make the help searchable, but that sounds like
it would be a lot of work...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics