[dev] DIMP not showing folders other than Inbox

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Mar 10 18:47:30 PST 2006

Sorry, Chuck, for the off-list reply (I didn't see a "reply to list"
feature in DIMP and lost my head for a moment, selecting "Reply"), and
also for the double-reply (I'm used to getting feedback or the compose
window closing when the message is sent, and neither happened in DIMP).

> Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:
>
> Sure, trace the code in dimp/templates/views/ListFolders.php

Okay, I figured out what's going on (even if I don't understand it).

Under the folders area in DIMP, I have "New Folder" and "#news".
"#news" has appeared in my folder list in IMP and the sidebar since
the namespace handling code was revised, though I don't know how it
got there (is it a huge leap to think it's a namespace?). In the horde
sidebar, it just appears as a folder on the same level as all of my
other folders, and I ignore it. In DIMP, all of my user folders appear
as sub-folders of "#news". I finally saw that there was a "+" on the
"#news" folder icon, and when I expanded it I saw all of my folders. I
can live with this.

The "#news" folder appears to be empty, but I don't want to delete it
in case it's some kind of system folder. Does anybody know what this
"#news" folder is?

Thanks,
Rick
--