[dev] Clients hordewide

Duck duck at obala.net
Sun Mar 12 03:07:44 PST 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 00:06, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> And how would you handle having the core groups API call into Turba?

This can be done without too much acting in main group code.

The client Ids, sould be used as internal group names as we always have the
__key field as data identifier in every source
(groups:clients:clientID/__key). A clients/getClient() call can be used
later, to get client name or any other data  needed.

For a cleaner usage a few Horde API methods should be added:
- horde/getUserClient() - returns the group/clientID that user belongs
- horde/getClientUsers() - returns the users that belongs to this client

To not mess with normal group administration, a special admin page sould be
added to manage this kind of groups.

The only change to groups code, as I can see by now, is to tick
Group:listGroups() to change clientID with client names, when/if needed:

Duck