[dev] Shibboleth/SSO integration

Cassio Nishiguchi cassio at protectnetwork.org
Tue Apr 11 08:50:28 PDT 2006

Hi,
I am working on developing an authentication module to integrate Horde with
Shibboleth (http://shibboleth.internet2.edu), which should work basically
like a single-sign-on system - by the time the user gets to Horde, he is
already logged in.  Shibboleth can set the username on an HTTP header like
REMOTE_USER, so I wrote a little Auth_shib class that supports transparent
authentication and gets the username from the header.  However, my problem is
having this work with IMP.  It seems that IMP requires a password to
authenticate the user, which Shibboleth doesn't provide.  Is there any good
way to get around that requirement?  Has anyone else deployed Horde/IMP
behind an SSO system?  If so, how did you get the IMP login to work?
Any help is appreciated,

Cassio