[dev] [SECURITY] Horde was used to hack my system

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Wed Apr 12 09:17:33 PDT 2006

Hi Patrice,

Quoting Patrice Levesque <horde.wayne at ptaff.ca>:

> 1)  This was posted on horde-announce two weeks ago.
>     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=horde-announce&m=114355248404792&w=2
>
>     There is a notice on the HOME PAGE of horde since march 28th.
>     http://www.horde.org/

This happened during my holiday. I'm reasonably up to date now with my
dev mail, but didn't see the Announcement mails yet.

> 2)  A mailing list is _never_ the place to discuss security issues.
>  Whatever the
>     project.  Don't feed the crackers.
>     http://www.horde.org/support.php

Really sorry about that, I should have known better. Guess I panicked.
As a general remark to other sysadmins; The logwatch package that is
widely used didn't pick this attack up with the default settings

> Don't want to be rude, but do your homework next time.

No offense taken, you were right

Cheers,
Roel.