[dev] SOC Gollem Metadata

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Apr 22 17:44:08 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> Another thing wish it would be in Gollem, is the possibility to add metadata
> to files. For any backand we could specify descriptive attributes that a file
> can have. For example category, description, license, version etc. The
> attributes can be filled with Horde_Form and sotred with RDO.
>
> Whit this Gollem can soon become an possible documentation system or store
> files and their descriptors (metadata) for any other modules.

I think it'd be better as a VFS addon, and with a VFS browser library
that can be embedded in applications without adding much code - seems
simpler than relying on Gollem (also, folks have expressed a
preference for Gollem to stay a client without full document
management capabilities; putting this sort of thing as an addon to VFS
would let Gollem stay the file manager and have another app be the
document manager without too much duplicate code).

Feel free to write something up in the wiki.

-chuck