[dev] Newbie

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Apr 28 00:38:20 PDT 2006

Zitat von Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21 at gmail.com>:

>> A better prefs driver would be nice, as the current one really
>> clutters things up in the directory, IMO.  If we organized it right,
>> we could even do something along the lines of Group Policy Objects,
>> allowing administrators to enable, disable, or override user
>> preferences.
>
> Where can I find the current one? As I said to Chuck, I'm newbie in Horde. :)

framework/Prefs/Prefs/ldap.php

All general-purpose libraries of Horde can be found in the framework
module, organized as PEAR packages. Most libraries follow a driver
pattern.

>> I had considered implementing an ldap datatree driver at one point,
>> but I'm not sure how well that would scale, since LDAP is meant to be
>> more of a read-fast, write-slow data storage area.  But, the data
>> structure fits perfectly, so it's certainly something to think about.
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but what is the datatree?

DataTree is a librarie to store hierarchical data of any kind, at the
moment only with support for an SQL backend. It's used for stuff like
groups, permissions, shares, but also in some applications to store
forums, galleries, etc.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/