[dev] RDO setTimestamps

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed May 3 04:44:09 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 13:30, Karsten Fourmont wrote:
> I personally prefer using integers: I had lots of bad experiences with
> SQL DATE types: some databases tend to return dates in format like
> "02.11.2007" or "11/02/2007" depending on the locale setting in the
> database. So you end up doing a lot do decoding and encoding. It's OK if
> your database wrapper does that reliably but a small nightmare if not.
>
> just my two cents. My experience is roughly 7 years old, so maybe we're
> living in a better world by now ;-)

The result is not a problem, even with a bad wrapper. RDO is dependent on
php5. Its strtotime() supports a very large format set and again enlarged in
the recent release.

As I said, we can use the metadata to determinate the column type. If you
don't like it, is your administration choice to change the colmun to an
integers.

Duck