[dev] virtual machine bounty

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 5 16:11:19 PDT 2006

Please keep conversations on the list.

Zitat von Colin Andrews <colin at headbonk.com>:

> Thanks Jan that's great. More specific design requirements always help.

>> Zitat von Colin Andrews <horde at headbonk.com>:
>>
>> I think most people will use it to try Horde, like a demo or
>> showcase  system. For this case it should be usable out of the box,
>>  right after  starting the VM, without further configuration.
>>

> Ok, this makes sense. It should be a pretty minimal mailserver then.
> Won't need
> procmail & spamassasin. I had been thinking both pop3 and imap servers,
> but for
> something like this we only need one. Any preferences? I'd probably go with
> pop3.

It doesn't have to be procmail, but at least one system that can be
used as a backend for Ingo should be available. Well, we could always
use Ingo's IMAP driver, but the other backends support a larger range
of features.

An IMAP server is a must. If you use Cyrus, you already have a filter
backend builtin. And support for ACLs and user listings. But Dovecot
and Courier are fine too.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/