[dev] virtual machine bounty

Alvaro Gilabert alvaro at gilabert.org
Fri May 5 16:47:20 PDT 2006

My two cents on this

I see two potential users for such a virtual image.

On one side, developers. Not just Horde developers but people who are
looking for a frame that already has resolved issues like appearance,
language, users, ACLs... where they can start coding their own application
that has or has not to do with Horde.

On the other side, those who live in Windows + Exchange. They can give a try
to Horde without even investing in knowledge. It is not because of the
eternal fight between Linux and Windows. It is because the more people using
Horde, the better the product can be.

Also, the image should have the necessary free space to work with it.
Perhaps adding a second hard disk within Vmware where to include Horde,
mounting the second partition as webroot.

One last thing I would consider in terms of space available is the
possibility to install a GUI. Again, thinking in those two groups of users,
they would feel more comfortable coding or testing in a graphic environment.

Alvaro Gilabert
alvaro at gilabert.org