[dev] datatree performance issue on large installations

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 22 16:28:08 PDT 2006

Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:

>> No one said Ansel would work with DataTree set to null. And
>> unless/until Ansel doesn't use DataTree _at all_, it won't. Period.
>
> Ok, thank you making this clear.
> It that then also the case with Nag?

No. Nag has its own db; it should (theoretically, it may well not
right now) work okay with no permanent datatree storage. Same for
Kronolith, Mnemo, Turba, Genie.

>> Okay, do you have a docs patch then?
>
> Attached.

Thanks for this. I checked with Jan, though, and the pref shouldn't
_have_ to be unlocked. Do you have the ticket # for krono handy?

-chuck