[dev] PHP Development Environment

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jun 22 08:04:21 PDT 2006

Zitat von Mariano Eloy Fernández <fernandez_marosc at gva.es>:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to debug Horde's php files for I want to contribute.
> I currently use Windows, Apache 2.0.58, and PHP 5.1.6
> First I tried Zend Studio and Zend platform, but can't afford it.
> So, I am setting up Eclipse with PHPEclipse plugin and DBG for
> debug   purposes.
> So far, everything is almost in place, except I can't debug.
> Apache is running fine with dgb installed. Eclipse fires the debugger
> on port 1001.
> However, whenever I reach the php with the breakpoint, nothing happens.
>
> What are you using to develop/contribute to Horde?
> Is anyone using the same set-up?

Personally, I use the jEdit editor (on both windows and *nix) with the
php plugins.  I've always found debuggers for web apps more trouble
then they are worth.  I basically use print_r statements to track
values.  Sometimes, I'll write a "pre_dump" function that I'll put in
base.php that will print_r values surrounded by <pre> tags...

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)