[dev] removeUserData permissions

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Thu Jun 22 21:02:34 PDT 2006

Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:

>> The removeUserData in Turba seems to have another problem though. Last
>> time I tried, it didn't delete the specified user's data, but the
>> complete address book of the current user, i.e. me!
>
> That explains what happened to my address book.  I thought it was from
> my experiments with syncing, but there was no pattern.  Now that I
> think back, the addresses dissappeared when I cleared my test user's
> data.
>
> --Ben

That's because it calls _turba_list(), which returns all contacts the
*current* user has rights to...and that's another problem...it is
returning contacts the user can see, not contacts the user owns.  I
think removeUserData needs to obtain the contacts to nuke via it's own
code, not call _turba_list.  I'll look at this when I get the time....

Thanks,
mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)