[dev] PECL memory problem

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Sun Jun 25 21:54:04 PDT 2006

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Okay. Not trying to make your life difficult. On the other hand, if
> the package isn't working... Btw, 5.1.4 isn't really bleeding edge.
> Bleeding edge is PHP 6. :)
:))) I'll go the compiler route. I do it all the time to stay up-to-date
with Python/Zope, it's just that I am not so confortable with PHP but
one of my missions this summer is get over this, right?

One reason to try and use distro packages is to make it easier to host
the app. BTW, do you recommend an inexpensive hosting provider for Horde
apps? I am a happy customer of Dreamhost, and they keep their stuff
fairly up-to-date, but I am not sure I'll be able to tweak the PHP
config there to run Horde from CVS. Take a look at the info.php page at
Dreamhost (they have PDO installed):

http://wanderingbooks.org/info.php
> No. I use a Debian package for Apache and compile PHP, and haven't had
> any trouble doing it that way for years.
Cool, I'll do that.

Cheers,

Luciano

--