[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Auth Auth.php

Michael Rubinsky mike at theupstairsroom.com
Sun Jun 25 22:19:20 PDT 2006

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mike at theupstairsroom.com>:
>
>>  Log:
>>  Don't exit with PEAR_Error immediatly, move on to other
>> applications and return errors at the end.
>
> This dramatically decreases the amount of data sent back in the pear
> errors - perhaps they should at least be logged first? Can you outline
> your reasoning for the change?

If Auth::removeUserData receives a PEAR_Error back from any of the API
calls, it just exits and returns the error - preventing it from
continuing on with any further removeUserData api calls.  So, for
example, Turba is using a backend that cannot support removing data in
this way, Auth::removeUserData will exit after calling
_turba_removeUserData() even if there are more apps to try.

I can log the errors before dropping them - or I can change the api
calls to not return PEAR_Error in certain cases - but then we lose the
fact that the data was not removed...

Thanks,
mike

--