[dev] Compiling PHP for Apache 2

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 26 21:29:51 PDT 2006

Quoting Luciano Ramalho <luciano at ramalho.org>:

> I just noticed I had misspelled the --with-apxs2 switch in my script.
>
> Now I've compiled PHP again, but upon trying to restart Apach2 I hit
> another snag: "undefined symbol: zend_qsort"

Here's what I've been able to find:

http://www.xdebug.org/archives/xdebug-general/0537.html

(backtrack a bit using the "in reply to" links for context if needed).
Unfortunately I don't see --enable-versioning in your ./configure
line, but maybe it'll point something else out? You can try dropping
readline (unless you need it for other things) and you shouldn't need
to explicitly specify --with-pdo-mysql (implied by --with-mysql) and
--with-dom (it's the default).

Let us know if that gets you anywhere, or not...

-chuck