[dev] Pigeon Progress Update

Rusty Burchfield GICodeWarrior at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 16:24:05 PDT 2006

Currently pigeon can bind anonymously to an LDAP server and display
read-only tree data.  It currently only shows the dn of each node in the
tree.

When a node in the tree is expanded for the first time an XMLHttpRequest
is made to obtain its children.  Subsequent clicks only expand or
collapse the node.

LDIF import/export has been moved into the next release, but all of the
other features of the second release have been merged into the first one.

Current tasks in progress for this release:
- Display of node attributes somewhere on click of the node (this data
will be 'cached' in the document upon the first click)
- Support for all the functionality exposed in the servers.php file
- Transition from login.php to view.php after logged in
- Detection of whether or not there are children of a particular node
(to show or not show the +/-)
- Changing of the + to a - after expanding
- Updating the server when a node is expanded/collapsed so they can be
displayed this way when the page is refreshed

I estimate that these tasks will be completed in 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you,
Rusty Burchfield

PS. I was out of town from Wednesday last week till midday yesterday. My
brother graduated from HS and I went home to attend the ceremony and party.