[dev] Kronolith idea

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 3 08:38:17 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> I guess it is easier to provide normal api call so it can be used directly in
> other modules. Otherwise we must at fist create calendar data, then again
> parse it in Kronolith for display it in calendar.

Yes, but:

- using feeds lets us treat these things like regular calendars, so
the existing interface for choosing which data to view can be used

- we already have infrastructure in place to cache remote calendars,
which these would be

- It's not just about Horde. Providing iCal for this data makes it
immediately usable far outside of Horde as well as in Kronolith.

-chuck