[dev] Kronolith idea

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 3 09:08:49 PDT 2006

Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:

> I agree in with all you said. But I still convinced that performance and
> resources should be out first thing in mind. It wont be a big problem to
> create a feed transformation from listTimeObjects results if needed.

But which is a more common action? So which way should the transform go, then?

Also, like I said, we already can cache remote calendars easily, which
is probably the biggest performance and resource saver of any of
these. If we have to make registry calls on every calendar load,
that's worse than generating a remote cal once and displaying it a few
times. And if we're going to add caching for these api calls, that's
just additional code to maintain that I don't think we should have to
bother with.

-chuck