[dev] RDO describe() limitation

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed Jul 12 12:24:05 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 20:08, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> I'd say that RDO isn't really designed to handle those sorts of
> things. Unless we _really_, really need it for RDO to be useful for
> "most" general use cases - not every use case, that's not the point -
> I'd avoid it.

A every day usage is to split data by tables. Manly in one2many way. I just a
decision of what RDO is for. To low multiple column primary key or to force
adding a resource wastefully special primary column just to identify your
data. Even they can be in the other way. And believe me, no one will. As I
see, no one will use RDO, even for its advantages, as he must reuse another
DB access layer to update their data.

> Not sure what you mean here. All of the relationship types work in RDO
> right now, with single-keys for tables, at least in basic scenarios.

Yes, when selecting only. But when you update a relationship if falls as it
will need a primary key that not exist. (for example updating datatree node)

Duck