[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Group Group.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jul 12 13:15:01 PDT 2006

> Uh, yeah. Reverted for now. But since listAllUsers() doesn't work as
> advertised and probably never did, we should discuss how to proceed.

Does anyone have an idea when this broke? I'm pretty sure it used to
work just fine.

> To be honest, I'm not even sure how subgroups should semantically
> work. Are all group members automatically members of their parent or
> children groups? How *do* people actually use it, and did they never
> notice that it doesn't work at all?

Good question..

As for how it should work, group members are automatically members of
parents. As you go into subgroups, it gets more granular - so if there
is a Parent group and a Child group, all people in Child are also in
Parent, but people in Parent aren't necessarily in Child.

I'll try and take a look at this and write a test for it now.

-chuck