[dev] RDO describe() limitation

Duck duck at obala.net
Wed Jul 12 13:31:18 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 21:56, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Can we talk about a concrete example?

I didn't actually meant it for DataTree.  It was just an example.

Oky, to not make confusions I will change it to Minerva, but I guess the usage
is a common case. We have an central “index” table with main invoice data,
and other related data tables for articles, taxes, currencies etc.

If invoice is edited, is done like in datatree.  The related data are
completely deleted and then reinserted. Even only one article price or
quantity is changed. Whit a change like this the RDO will update only
actually only the changed article. Performing the update much faster, with a
much less code, and more safety if something goes wrong with the dataserver.

Duck